The goal of this project is to bring alignment to leadership and generate momentum.
Outcomes to date:
- (project hasn’t officially launched)
#1 Lack of leadership training: communication, team building, succession planning
#2 Lack of teams growth: leaders, teammates and new teams
#3 Not using facilities to potential
- Leaders bearing fruit
- Define what bearing fruit means for each team
- Motivated/engaged teams
- Personnel feel encouraged
- Direction is consistently given to leaders
- Influence society
Participate in interview before monthly leadership sessions
Lead monthly leadership meetings
Week 1 + (Dec 3, 2017 start)
- Board meeting Dec 3
Philosophy: Leaders generate forward movement.
- Desired Results
- Benefits of project
- Benefits of work
- Benefits of organization
Benefits to Work & Leadership
- More stuff gets done
- Healed people: relationships, marriage, family
- Support in difficult times
- Transform society positively
The Circle + 80/20
- Experience: teaching experience, speaking, developing physical infrastructure
- Equipment: a/v equipment, tractor, wagon, lighting, tables, chairs
- Digital: website, FB, YT, email list, analytics
- People/relationships: team leaders, board, volunteers, congregation, Global Canada, NHOP, network of leaders on PEI, HMT
- Tangible: meeting rooms church building, kitchen, dining hall, 70+ acres
- Intangible: pre-service meeting, LCD procedure, spending procedure, breakfast before church, social events, harvest party, Christmas meal, Foundations program, Meeting with Jesus, Core Relationship Team, Meet the Pastor, Pastors group
Outside the Circle
- Leadership meetings
- Prepare food for after meetings
- What is being fruitful for your department
- 30 second description of each department
- System to bring in new volunteers year round for each department
- Succession plan
- Training schedule for year
- Speaking techniques and approaches
- Budget spending reflects the organization’s values.
- The best investment an organization can make is in training.
- Your primary job is to lead your leadership team.
- You are mentoring your leadership team. You are providing them with relationship, information, and guidance.
- The world is changed, not by your opinion, but by your example.
- Meeting must have: agenda, summary of what meeting is about including talking points, expected results, and top priorities
- Create job description
- Before meeting: serve coffee and pastry
- After meeting: serve meal with one main dish, biscuits, and desert
- Atmosphere: music, clean, table style, chairs, closing time
- Team: get helpers as needed
- Preparation: get groceries, ready for noon exactly
- Product: fresh food, coffee (example: chili and biscuits), packaged food (ice cream, chips, nuts, cereal, bagels) – including for children
- Clean up after meals, wipe tables, wash dishes,freeze or refrigerate uneaten food
- Marketing: mission, vision, website, branding, naming, promote day’s meal on LCD, stream cafe area into main meeting hall, have CRT invite people to meal, track number of people served per week
- Quality control: gather reactions to food, scheduled training by a chef
- Equipment: espresso machine, bean grinder
Next: tables and chairs for cafe.
Speaking Practice Schedule
- Add emotions to events
- Focus on proving the points you are saying with stats/stories/anecdotes
- Goal is to inspire people to action
- Focus on organization’s 5 values
- Use physical props
- Practice being 100% authentic
- Spend 60 minutes practicing first 5 minutes of the presentation.
- Focus on getting the whole crowd nodding. Incorporate 3 major points where you will get all heads nodding.
- Practice using effective pauses in your speaking. (3 effective pauses planned)
- Speak about only one thing. Make it super focused. And stay on that one thing relentlessly.
- Focus on organizations vision
- Bring other people up front and get them into your presentation (testimonial, anecdote)
- Spend 60 minutes practicing last 5 minutes of the presentation
- Focus first 10-15 minutes of talk on really drawing out a problem. Focus in-depth on the problem.
- Practice framing an idea (https://speakinglifestyle.com/how-great-public-speakers-practice-their-presentations/ technique details starts half way down the page)
- Practice building the audience’s curiosity level
Next: create Job Description for cook