This project was to help a food manufacturer by running test ads and analyzing the company’s digital activities.
Test advertising campaign generated 93 sales totaling $5364 USD.
Moved some system work off ActiveCampaign to Zapier. This saved the company $5040 USD over the next 3 years.
- Create more revenue-focused engagement-based automations. The current data shows that engagement-based targeting for email marketing performs 10x better than generalized emails. Examples using client’s data: $0.27 per person vs $2.61 per person.
- Windfall money: The mobile version of the company’s website is hugely under-performing. Recommended a variety of fixes for mobile site. The traffic is already going to the site, the site just needs to bring the mobile performance up to the rest of the site’s standards.
- Email conversion rates have dropped versus previous year. So test previous year’s design vs current year’s design.
- Most profitable blog posts are related to purchases. Example: gift guides. Create more of these types of posts and fewer relationship-based posts.
- Create more images of products in use as these increase sales.
- Unsure what is driving sales right now
- Running contests, but unsure if they are profitable
- Don’t understand Analytics
- Don’t have profitable advertising
- Business growth through digital marketing
- Clear understanding of what is and isn’t profitable within advertising
- Determine whether contests are profitable
- Get analytics delivered in easy-to-understand package
- Nov 13, 2017 – Reviewed financials of past advertising and promotion. Reviewed contests that were running and assessed if they were profitable or not.
- Nov 14, 2017 – Created spreadsheet to calculate costs and sales, along with how the contest impacts those numbers. Calculated revenue per sale and profit per sale for online-only sales. Decided to shut down two areas which saved $2900 per year. Created new advertising strategy for client.
- Nov 18, 2017 – Started Facebook advertising campaign promoting one of the contests
- Nov 23, 2017 – Finished changing over software functions from ActiveCampaign to Zapier
- Nov 24 – 28, 2017 – Created new Facebook ads campaign going directly to products (not contests). Cost per sale on contests to date: $21.33 USD. Cost per sale on direct ads to date: $39.07.
- Nov 29, 2017 – Reviewing the analytics so far, there have been a lot of add to carts which didn’t turn into purchases. And it looks like it is because there is a minimum order requirement. This means that there needs to be packages created which are over the minimum order requirement or that minimum order needs to be removed.
- Nov 30 & 31 – Checked up on ads
- Dec 1, 2017 – Created new ad sets broken down by age groups. Created some new targeting based on the age groups as well. And created some brand new targeting.
- Dec 2 – 12, 201 7 – Updated ads as needed. Conducted analytics research. Closed project on the 12th. Cost per sale went down to $13.39 for the overall campaign. However, the best performing ad was down to 7.43 USD per sale. The return on ad spend for that ad was 8.28 times the advertising cost.
- Keep client updated and strategize with client
- For myself, use my audio strategy
- Email list 20k+ people
- Facebook, Analytics, Shopify are already all running
- Buyer’s list
- In-store purchases
- Restaurant customers